Thursday, November 30, 2006
Wednesday, November 29, 2006
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Monday, November 27, 2006
Sunday, November 26, 2006
Saturday, November 25, 2006
Friday, November 24, 2006
Thursday, November 23, 2006
Lincoln Hawk (Sylvester Stallone) is a struggling trucker who's trying to rebuild his life. After the death of his ex-wife, he tries to make amends with his son who he left behind years earlier. Upon their first meeting, his son doesn't think too highly of him...until he enters the nation-wide arm wrestling competition in Las Vegas.Are you...kidding me? This was greenlit?! I know it was the 80's, but still. I am sort of horrified, but fascinated at the same time...I must see this movie. After conducting some additional research, I discovered that the soundtrack features Frank Stallone (Sly's bro), singing a song called "Bad Nite," which I can only assume is awesome. And by awesome, I mean "ungodly." All in all, it sounds like a glorious train wreck. Am I the only one who hadn't heard of this movie before?!
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Monday, November 20, 2006
Here I go...
100 Things About Me
1. If I could eat only one food the rest of my life, it would be avocados.
2. I’ve tried, but I can’t wear sunglasses. Sunglasses make me look like a small, somewhat curious fly.
3. I've never met anyone else with my birthday. September 26th is apparently a special day only for Olivia Newton John, George Gershwin, and me.
4. I have been told by teachers that I have a smart mouth, and that I have “moxie.”
5. I'd estimate that only 25% of the people I meet pronounce my name correctly the first time. It's okay; I still like you.
6. I don't love my nose, but I’d never change it.
7. There is nothing more rewarding/entertaining to me than watching a really good end zone dance. (Joe Horn, I salute you!)
8. I like "unpopular" foods, including root beer and black jelly beans. But they can't just be making them for me...can they?!
9. The best moment of my life, so far, was the first time I peeked into my son's crib in the morning and got a huge smile of recognition. And then he cracked up, and my heart almost exploded from the cuteness.
10. I must hit the snooze button at least a few times before actually waking up.
11. My favorite color is grass green. It used to be a tie between pink and purple.
12. It was not until college that I realized that the phrase was not "for all intensive purposes", but rather, "for all intents and purposes." I'm not proud.
13. I am a really good speller. I made it to the National Spelling Bee.
14. Unsurprisingly, this talent has not opened any doors for me.
15. I truly cherish my friends.
16. I can deal with any bugs except for spiders.
17. I love a good nap.
18. My husband is the most well-adjusted, intelligent, patient person I've ever met.
19. My hair is stick straight. Sometimes, I wish it was wavy.
20. I love getting email. It’s like a tiny little present!
21. I've never seen Star Wars. Yes, really.
22. I look like I'm about 16. I wish I looked older.
23. I am an unrepentant nail biter. I wish I wasn’t, but there are worse habits to have.
24. Speaking of which, I’ve never smoked an entire cigarette.
25. I used to have a belly button ring. I took it out when I was pregnant. The hole is closed now. :(
26. I’ve been to a Snoop Dogg concert.
27. I like coffee only when it has been “denatured” from its original assy-tasting state to the point that it tastes exactly like Haagen Dazs coffee ice cream.
28. I hate driving. I’ll do it, but I hate it.
29. I wear and love three very different perfumes: Angel, Brit, and Light Blue. It depends on my mood.
30. When I was in high school, I used to wear this disgusting air freshener-smelling “body spray” called Tribe. I found it in the back of my old closet at my parents’ house and nearly died from the “intoxicating” aroma.
31. Holy shit, it still exists. Klassy!
32. It takes a lot to really piss me off, but once there, I can hold a grudge with the best of them.
33. I think The Time Traveler’s Wife is the best book I’ve read in years.
34. My drink of choice used to be an amaretto sour. Then there was…an incident (i.e., my friend's birthday many years ago…) and I can’t have most sweet drinks anymore without gagging.
35. My drink of choice is now a dirty martini with many olives. Yum!
36. If I have to do a shot, I’m a tequila girl.
37. Despite all appearances from items 33-35, I very rarely drink.
38. I’d say my best feature is my eyes.
39. I’m either in flats, or shoes with heels upwards of 3 inches. There’s no in between for me.
40. I think I could be a really good vegetarian, except for the fact that I love beef.
41. What I’m saying is, I love soy products, and chicken really doesn’t do anything for me. I could totally live without it.
42. I have a tendency to throw myself into projects and then trail off.
43. I’m only up to 43?! Geez…(See what I mean?)
44. I miss being pregnant sometimes.
45. I really really wish I was an amazing dancer.
46. I’m really really not.
47. I could walk into Anthropologie blindfolded, grab a bunch of stuff and buy it, and be utterly thrilled with everything I’d gotten. I love it so!
48. When I was younger, I took gymnastics because I was good at it, and piano because it was practical. When my parents told me to pick one or the other, I stuck with gymnastics.
49. I regret this decision each and every time I hear someone play the piano.
50. I really like my job.
51. My mother and grandmother are extremely talented artists; I wish I had even a bit of their skill.
52. I love cooking and baking.
53. I consequently have too many cookbooks. Though I probably have the perfect recipe for whatever it is you’re pondering making.
54. In my opinion, Diorshow mascara is the absolute best mascara there is. (Thanks, Ravit!) Don’t talk to me about Great Lash; it makes my lashes look like Tammy Faye Baker.
55. I can always stay in tune, but I don’t have a good voice.
56. I think the most intelligent and entertaining show on TV was Arrested Development (R.I.P.). That said, Scrubs, Grey's Anatomy (Meredith! Stop squinting, already! Open your eyes! OPEN YOUR EYES!), Weeds and The Office keep me entertained.
57. Despite its flaws (and there are many), I still love to watch SNL.
58. To wit, I hold a special place in my heart for Lunch Lady Land, Celebrity Jeopardy, the Barry Gibb Talk Show, and of course, More Cowbell.
59. I've never watched a soap opera in its entirety. Once, I watched Passions for 25 minutes, because my friend told me that there was a monkey nurse who had wedding fantasies about one of the characters, and I flat out did not believe her. After seeing the monkey in a wedding dress, I was horrified, and stood corrected. Sadly, I was fascinated as well. This is why I do not watch soap operas. I'm obsessed with what I saw until this day.
60. I do not see what the big deal is about The Doors (the band and the movie). You have an organ in your band. Good for you. Hee hee…organ.
61. When I was 13, I had mild scoliosis. I went to the orthopedist, who told me it'd correct itself eventually. He then helpfully added "Whoa! You have some 'birthing hips’ there! Hope you grow into those!" I was traumatized.
62. I'm a size 2. Suck it, mean orthopedist.
63. I always take a shower at night, but I'm too lazy to blow dry my hair. This makes for a terrible combination, as I never know how insanely dented my hair is going to look when I get up in the morning.
64. My favorite pictures from my wedding were not the professional ones, but rather, ones taken by my mom's friend.
65. I still like to watch Friends. C’mon, you know you do, too.
66. Every now and then, I'm so harried in the morning I forget to put on deodorant. (It's okay; I have in my desk at work in case I forget.)
67. Despite the previous item, I can say with great certainty that I still smell better than most of the people on the subway.
68. I get so frustrated with the subway, because people are incredibly rude there, and I cannot abide baseless rudeness. If you’ve got a reason, though, that’s cool.
69. I'm really non-confrontational. This is also why I hate the subway. I get pushed around a lot and never say anything.
70. I used to have a wart on my toe, and nothing made it disappear, including surgery, pills, and other fun stuff. After two years of treatment, the doctor eventually told me he was giving up on me and my ol’ warty toe; that he’d never seen a “hardier, more stubborn wart.”
71. Guess what finally made it go away? Pregnancy. I swear.
72. I grew up in a house with a fireplace, and I must have one in the house we buy one day.
73. I am perpetually in the mood for macaroni and cheese. It's my favorite thing in the world to eat.
74. I am, however, the world's least picky eater. I will literally try (and probably like) any food.
75. My vision is 20/15. When I was about 7, I really wanted glasses, and tried to fake my way through an eye exam. Fortunately, the eye doctor "saw" through what I did. (See what I did there? I'll be here all week! Tip your waitresses!)
76. The Princess Bride is probably my favorite movie. (So original!)
77. Sometimes, I get hyper-analytical.
78. My mother is the most generous and kind person I've ever known. I genuinely feel lucky to be her daughter.
79. I spent my first year of college studying abroad. It was one of the best years of my life (so far), and I met people then who remain close friends to this day.
80. I hate cleaning out the refrigerator. It's the worst chore ever.
81. My go-to karaoke song is Son of a Preacher Man by Dusty Springfield. I don't know why, but it works for me.
82. I think dogs are great, but seem to be way too much work. This is probably ironic, considering that we have a 1-year-old.
83. If we would get a dog someday, it'd have to be a big golden retriever or something. If it can fit in my bag, it's not a dog to me.
84. It is my dream to one day do a cross-country road trip. Even though I'm going to assume it's a lot less glamorous than TV, movies, and books have led me to believe.
85. I love a good salt bagel more than is probably normal.
86. Ditto lip gloss.
87. Sometimes, I look at my husband and son, and I’m blown away by just how much I love them.
88. I must go to sleep in a cold room.
89. I love reading other peoples’ “100 things” lists.
90. Leonard Cohen’s Hallelujah (as well as Rufus Wainwright’s cover) will occasionally bring me to tears.
91. If the situation calls for it, I will swear like a longshoreman. I’m doing my best not to do so in front of my son.
92. I love the smell of rain.
93. Sometimes, I have the sense of humor of a 13 year-old boy. I'm okay with that.
94. I have no internal “food clock;” that is to say, I have no problem eating pizza for breakfast, or cheese fries at 2 am.
95. I have a deep and abiding fear of dolls coming alive which is rooted in seeing Child’s Play (i.e., possessed Chucky doll) at a young age.
96. I saw a show on VH1 where they showed clips from it, and I cracked up that I was ever scared of this movie.
97. Am I still secretly scared of certain dolls? Just a little bit? Yes.
98. I would love to have my own advice column.
99. Although she’s only 6 years younger than me, I sometimes want to adopt Lindsay Lohan. I think she really needs some discipline, and some tough love. Then, I could also borrow her clothes. This is what’s known as a master plan.
100. I think that, if called upon, I would make an excellent ninja.
Sunday, November 19, 2006
Saturday, November 18, 2006
Friday, November 17, 2006
How cute are they?
Please know that I have refrained from writing about this until I had pictures to prove it. And today, I got lucky. I spotted them this morning from the car and shrieked to J that I had spotted the elusive old lady twins once again. He circled the block just so I could clandestinely get a good picture of them. I knew he loved me before, but now I am certain that he really really does; for I am clearly insane.
Thursday, November 16, 2006
~Onion bagel (fine.)
~Cream cheese (okay.)
~Sausage (with cream cheese?! Getting worse...) and...
~GRAPE JAM!!!!!!Think about it now. All those tastes, together. The jam, the sausage...My mind, it is boggled. As nasty as that is, my primary question upon seeing this was not, "How in the hell are you going to eat this?" but rather, "In the name of all that is holy, how did you come to put these things together in the first place?!"
Wednesday, November 15, 2006
Tuesday, November 14, 2006
<----Freak-ass scary frosting clown
<---Awesomely dirty yet nonsensical birthday cake message
I don't know; I think "the big 2 sex" deserves a cake, don't you?