I’ve never really been much of a dweller.
By this, I do not mean that I am challenged by the act of living in a specific location, choosing instead to wander the country like a hobo named Snaggletooth Mary. (Alexa? Is that…is that a real person?) No, what I mean that when shit gets me down, I do my very best not to let it KEEP me down. I drive J crazy with this (in a…hopefully endearing way?), always trying to find the bright side like a damn Disney Princess. I’ve been having a bit of an icky week, and I try here—and in life, really—to focus on the good things. So indulge me, just for a post, in my Disney Princess ways, would you please?
1. My return to my beloved hobby, making useless Venn diagrams out of songs and movie lines. Here's the latest:
2. The Anya Marina cover version of T.I.'s "Whatever You Like," a rap song that I secretly lip-sync to while driving, and by "lip-sync," I mean "yes, there is lip-synching, but also, butt-in-seat dance-bouncing and the miming of the line 'gas up the jet for you tonight,' because, sure, I totally know what that looks like, considering I don't even know how to pump gas in a car." The original is awesome and raunchy, but this gorgeous (yes, really) version--which is slower, stripped-down, guitar-driven, and sung by a sweet-voiced girl--is even better. And...dirtier, somehow.
3. This picture:
4. My new perfect flat brown boots, which I got on CRAZY SALE.
5. The song "I and Love and You" by the Avett Brothers, which Ali brought into my life. (Here's the video, in the event you, you know, don't implicitly trust my music taste:)
6. The fact that I have a husband who asks the right questions.
7. This site. (Its title is NSFW, but the site itself is lovely; full of happy-making pictures and quotes.)
8. This heartbreakingly beautiful picture, which I found on said site. (Which reminds me: Thank you, Veterans.)
9. The fact that I have been petrified to make challah (a type of braided Jewish bread, is, I guess the best way to describe it) since, well, ever, and I'm pleased to say that I? HAVE MASTERED IT. I shall now buy this shirt to wear while baking it each week. Look! It includes glitter:
10. Stovetop popcorn. (It's so much better than microwave! Why was I not informed?!)
Ahh. Feeling better already. So, what's been putting a smile on your face this week? Come on, spill it! It'll make you (and me!) happy. :)